Associate dean for the graduate school
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Graduate School is seeking a qualified individual to serve as full-time Associate Dean and as an advocate to advance graduate
education at Kansas State University. The candidate will work with the Graduate School leadership team to implement the 2025
strategic goals and initiatives for the Graduate Scholarly Experience theme.
Commensurate with rank and experience.
WHAT YOU’ LL NEED TO SUCCEED
• Professor rank with tenure at Kansas State University
• Experience serving as major professor for terminal degree candidates
• Have substantial experience in graduate education and research
• Demonstrate knowledge of outcome assessment and accreditation/program review
• Experience in course and curriculum approval process
• Demonstrate commitment to excellence in graduate education and student services
• Demonstrate support of diversity initiatives
• Strong interpersonal skills
• The ability to foster a service-oriented team environment
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• The ability to multitask
• Recent experience as a graduate program director and service on the Graduate Council
Immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks
candidates who have demonstrated their commitment to advancing the University’s Principles of Community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks
diversity among its employees.
BACKGROUND SCREENING STATEMENT
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the
process of considering your candidacy as an employee.