After You're Admitted: Checklists for New Graduate Students
Campus arrival checklist for U.S. students
Complete the following tasks before the first day of class and you'll be well prepared for your first year at Kansas State University!
- Receive admission letter.
- View Graduate School's academic resources.
- Make travel plans.
- Arrange housing plans.
- Contact your advisor.
- Obtain student identification card.
- Set up K-State eid.
- Make banking arrangements.
- Secure housing and pay necessary deposits.
- Meet with advisor for information on enrollment, department orientation sessions and program requirements.
- Attend Graduate School orientation session for all new graduate students.
- Attend Graduate School orientation session for all new graduate teaching assistants, graduate research assistants, and graduate assistants.
- Enroll in classes after consultation with advisor.
- Pay tuition and fees.
- Obtain parking permit, if needed.
- Become familiar with K-State Online and Canvas for use in coursework.
- Purchase books and supplies.
- Attend department orientation sessions, if applicable.
- Attend first class!