Another sensational EPAP Day!
- The 6th annual Electrical Power Affiliates Program (EPAP) Day served as a mini career fair. Seven companies had displays and representatives here to visit with all majors within the College of Engineering. EPAP companies include: Burns & McDonnell, Black & Veatch, Fishnet Security (not present), Kansas Electric Cooperatives, Omaha Public Power District, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Sega and Westar Energy.
- Mock Interviews were set up through CES, students had a chance to improve their interview skills before the all university career day later that month.
- FREE lunch was provided from 12:00pm - 1:00pm, catered by Ramblers.
- A Poster session was held from 1:00pm - 2:00pm. Posters were presented by current and former EPAP project award recipients.
- In-class presentations were given in several engineering classes throughout the day. Technical representatives from each sponsoring company presented information about their real world work experiences and other specific topics related to the classes
- PRIZE drawings were held throughout the day, with the big prizes given away at 2:00pm. Winners had to be present to win. To enter the prize drawings, students needed an EPAP card and a sticker from each of the sponsor companies present. This is a great way for the students to interact with the sponsoring companies, and to learn about available internships. Students should come prepared with resume in hand, the sponsors HR reps are always willing to provide helpful feedback.
For the second year, EPAP Day included a Young Graduates Panel & Speed Networking, on Tuesday, September 8, 6:00pm - 7:30pm in Fiedler Auditorium and the Engineering Atrium. The EPAP sponsors send a few of their recently graduated employee's to visit and answer students questions. Students are asked to rotate every 10 minutes, in order to meet with all the companies.
Pizza and drinks were provided
Prize drawings for 3 gift cards were held at 7:30pm
EPAP DAY 2014