First Tuesday Roundtables
Purpose and organization:
The First Tuesday Roundtables are a monthly forum in which academic department heads come together to discuss matters of common interest and concern. The format is meant to be casual. These sessions are for us to share ideas and experiences with our colleagues. They are not seminars or lectures.
Who is in charge of setting the agenda:
Provost Mason is the host for the program. She has delegated to the following people the task of setting the agenda: David Fritchen, Gerry Craig, Tim de Noble, Eric Higgins, Stephanie Rolley, Eric Maata, and Brian Niehoff. You are encouraged to make suggestions about program topics to them.
Contact Brian Niehoff (2-4797 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have a subject you would like to have discussed.
When and where:
All sessions will be from 8:00 - 9:15 a.m. in the rooms listed below. Dates and rooms have not yet been scheduled for the 2012-2013 academic year.
A call for making reservations for attendance will go out a few weeks before each session.
Tentative Schedule for FY 2013
- Charles Rice, President of UDP Group
- Discussion of UDP selection process
- Peter Dorhout, Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences
- Update on Undergraduate Research Task Force Report
- University General Counsel
- Current legal issues for administrators
- Fred Cholick, President of the K-State Foundation
- Update on Fundraising Campaign
- Consultants and Ruth Dyer, Senior Vice Provost
- Update on Master Planning
- Carol Shanklin, Dean of the Graduate School
- Update on Graduate School
- Dan Richardson, CEO of K-State Olathe
- Update on activities of K-State Olathe
- VP of Government Relations
- Update on bills being considered in State Legislature
- Ron Trewyn, VP for Research and Steve Higgs, Director of BRI
- Update on the research activities and the BRI