Events and Announcements
A benefits expo (fair) is held each October during open enrollment for benefits.
Cats in the Capitol
Each year dozens of leaders from across campus, including members of University Support Staff Senate, travel to the State House in Topeka to distribute cookies and ice cream to our legislators. Cats in the Capitol is an opportunity for our university's faculty, staff, and students to thank our state leaders for their hard work and dedication throughout the session. The event is held around mid-February every year in commemoration of K-State's birthday and in celebration of Kansas State University's success throughout the year.
Classified and Support Staff Council
University Support Staff Senate Meetings
- Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m. Noon. The location is at the K-State Student Union (except as indicated below.)
- July 2, 2014, Cottonwood Room
- August 6, 2014, Cottonwood Room
- September 3, 2014, Cottonwood Room
- October 1, 2014, Flinthills Room
- November 5, 2014, Flinthills Room
- December 3, 2014 , Staterooms
- January 7, 2015, Cottonwood Room
- February 4, 2015, Cottonwood Room
- March 4, 2015, Cottonwood Room
- April 1, 2015, Staterooms
- May 6, 2015, Cottonwood Room
- June 3, 2015, TBA
Executive Council meets at noon prior to Senate meetings.
Day on the Hill
Members of the K-State University Support Staff Senate attend the annual Day on the Hill in late January along with the other five Board of Regent University Classified and Support Staff Council. Appointments are made with State Senators and Legislators to present the CSSC unified position paper. In addition to these meetings, the presidents of each university’s CSSC also attend meetings with other top officials in the capital which included the governor. This is a great opportunity for university support staff employees to visit with those who set the policy of benefits they receive from the State of Kansas.
University Support Staff (formerly Classified Employee) Recognition Ceremony
The 37th Annual Classified Employee Recognition Ceremony was held on Wednesday, April 30, 2014. Photographs from the ceremony are available but are listed without identifying data.