Danforth and All Faiths Chapels
Danforth and All Faiths Chapels are dedicated to students who died in World War II and the Korean War. More than 5,000 alumni and students served in World War II and more than 200 students died.
Danforth Chapel was dedicated in 1949. In 1950, all civilian building and further construction was halted because of the Korean War. After the war, the Danforth Chapel auditorium addition and All Faiths Chapel were dedicated in 1956. A bronze plaque near the lobby entrance is dedicated to the students who died in World War II and the Korean War.
Danforth Chapel seats 65 people. Its stained glass windows were donated and imported from Czechoslovakia, England, France, Germany and Italy. The nondenominational chapel was named after Mr. and Mrs. William Danforth, who contributed to the building.
All Faiths Chapel seats just fewer than 500 people. The chapel was designed to achieve proper acoustical balance for solo instruments and string quartets while assuring sufficient resonance for organ music. In 1961, a 40-rank pipe organ was installed.