McCain Performance Series season ticket subscription packages return with exciting lineup of artists, attractions
Friday, June 10, 2022
Trumpeter Herb Alpert and singer Lanie Hall, his wife, will perform as part of the 2022-2023 McCain Performance Series at Kansas State University. | Download this photo.
MANHATTAN — Broadway smash hits "Anastasia" and "Chicago the Musical," legendary duo Herb Alpert and Lani Hall, country music star Josh Turner, comedy giant Brian Regan, legendary rockers The Guess Who and one of the most popular soul and funk bands of all time, The Commodores, highlight the 2022-2023 McCain Performance Series at Kansas State University.
The season also offers music greats such as the Count Basie Orchestra, Susan Werner, Larry McCray, Storm Large, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, Classic Albums Live performing Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and "R.E.S.P.E.C.T." — the ultimate tribute to the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Jaw-dropping attractions "Gazillion Bubble Show," Cirque Dreams' "Holidaze" and "Dragons and Mythical Beasts" will please the entire family, while "Menopause the Musical" will be enjoyed by more mature audiences, especially those with a sense of humor.
The cult hit movie "Napoleon Dynamite" will be screened, followed by a conversation with the movie's stars: Jon Heder, who played Napolean Dynamite; Efren Ramirez, who played Pedro; and Jon Gries, who played Uncle Rico. The Flint Hills Children's Choir will showcase local talents and spread Christmas cheer, while Actors from the London Stage will present Shakespeare's classic "Romeo and Juliet," and L.A. Theatre Works will perform Greg Oppenheimer's new play on a real-life couple, "Lucy Loves Desi: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Sitcom."
Season tickets will go on sale Monday, June 13, with discounts from 10-20% for those who subscribe to seven or more events. To ensure priority seating, join the Friends of McCain and mail your donation and completed season ticket order by Friday, July 1. Friends of McCain members receive exclusive thank-you gifts, including invitations to meet the artists, free parking and access to the Director's Lounge before shows and at intermission. Benefits vary by donation level.
Single tickets will be available online beginning at 10 a.m. Monday, Aug. 1, and in person or by phone at noon Wednesday, Aug. 3.
Please direct any questions regarding season tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org. A season brochure can be downloaded at mccain.k-state.edu.
The following shows are part of the 2022-2023 McCain Performance Series, with all events in McCain Auditorium:
• The Guess Who, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8.
• Herb Alpert and Lani Hall, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 14.
• Josh Turner, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22.
• "Anastasia," 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27.
• "Gazillion Bubble Show," 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 9.
• Count Basie, featuring the New York Voices, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct.15.
• "Napolean Dynamite BYOT," 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21.
• "Chicago the Musical," 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30.
• Susan Werner, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 4.
• "Menopause the Musical," 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11.
• Cirque Dreams "Holidaze," 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 28.
• Flint Hills Children's Choir Holiday Special: "Christmas in the Movies," 7 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11.
• Larry McCray, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023.
• Classic Albums Live performs "Pink Floyd — Dark Side of the Moon," 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023.
• Storm Large, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 5, 2023.
• "Dragons and Mythical Beasts," 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023.
• "Romeo and Juliet," performed by Actors from the London Stage, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11, 2023.
• "Lucy Loves Desi: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Sitcom," 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 13, 2023.
• Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2023.
• "R.E.S.P.E.C.T.," 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 2, 2023.
• The Commodores, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 6, 2023.
• Brian Regan, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 30, 2023.