Shellenberger Hall is home to the Department of Grain Science and Industry as well as the International Grains Program.
- Grain Science and Industry, Dept. of, 201 Shellenberger Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, 532-6161, fax 532-7010
Shellenberger was completed in 1960 to replace the equipment and facilities of the milling department, which a massive fire destroyed three years earlier. Costs to build and equip Shellenberger Hall totaled more than $1 million.
The hall is named after Professor John A. Shellenberger, who became head of the milling department in 1944. Prior to this appointment Shellenberger served as a faculty member at the University of Idaho and University of Minnesota, and even acted as consultant to the Argentinean government. Many new programs began during Shellenberger's 26 years as head of K-State's milling department.