In this module our focus is on taking action, actually putting
a plan into motion. Since this emphasis tends to be on skill training,
easy incorporation into the typical classroom is going to be more
difficult. Teachers and parents should work together to ensure that
children receive developmentally appropriate educational experiences
in first aid and self-protection. We want children to understand
the nature of heroism and to prepare themselves as best as possible
to deal with situations that might be thrust upon them.
ideas and actions
1. Heroic action is putting knowledge to work.
2. Recognize courageous behavior in themselves and others.
3. Communities of individuals can act heroically.
4. Learn the fundamentals of first aid.
5. Learn the fundamentals of self-defense.
6. Learn about the courageous behavior of others in their familes
activities (grades 4-6)
1. Investigate the action
2. Wall of honor
3. Community heroism
4. First aid
6. Courage interviews