Justin Hall

Photograph of Justin Hall

Show Justin Hall on campus map
Interactive campus map

Justin Hall is the research and teaching center of the College of Human Ecology. Other departments in Justin Hall include apparel, textiles and interior design; family studies and human services; hospitality management and dietetics; and human nutrition.

Building offices

History

Located on the north side of Lovers Lane, this $2.12 million building opened in 1960, the first on-campus structure to be air-conditioned. On October 8, 2010, a groundbreaking for a new privately financed addition was held. The 15,000-square-foot addition will house space for student conferences and mentoring, the Personal Financial Planning Institute, student collaborative workspace and three classrooms that will accommodate more than 100 students each. The building’s Its namesake is Margaret M. Justin, who served as dean of the Division of Home Economics in 1923.