Durland was the first phase of the Durland-Rathbone-Fiedler engineering complex extending over the old football practice field. It houses the Dean’s Office for the College of Engineering and the Departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Civil Engineering. The engineering complex features solar glass walls that reflect 85 percent of solar heat.
- Chemical Engineering, Dept. of, 1005 Durland Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org, 532-5584, fax 532-7372
- Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Dept. of, 2037 Durland Hall, email@example.com, 532-5606, fax 532-3738
Completed in 1976 at a cost of more than $3 million, Durland was followed by the construction of Rathbone Hall in 1982 and Fiedler Hall in 2000. Durland Hall is named for Dean Merrill A. Durland, a 1918 K-State honors graduate. He taught at K-State for 30 years before becoming dean of the School of Engineering and Architecture and director of the Engineering Experiment Station.