Boyd Hall

Photograph of Boyd Hall

Show Boyd Hall on campus map
Interactive campus map

Boyd Hall is an all-female residence hall that houses 245 students. Part of Strong Complex, it has five floors with standard and suite living options. Amenities include a piano, computer lab, academic resource center and 24-hour front desk.

History

Referred to as Northwest Hall upon its 1951 opening, the hall was renamed a decade later in honor of Mrs. Mamie Alexander Boyd of Mankato, Kansas. Boyd, a 1902 K-State graduate, taught in the College of Agriculture and served as the first female president of the K-State Alumni Association.