Register for an eID
You must have a K-State eID to access student records in KSIS. If you have never had an eID, past or present, you need to register for one. If you already have an eID, or had one in the past, do not register for a new one. If you forgot your eID or eID password, contact the IT Help Desk.
- Click the link in the email invitation to register for an eID or to link an existing eID to your student's account. If you did not receive this email, please contact your student. Your student can resend the email from KSIS.
- Click the Register Now! button.
- Complete the required fields. You are not required to enter your Social Security Number. Click the Continue button.
- On the Enter your contact information page, enter your phone number and address. Click the Continue button.
- On the Choose your eID page, select one of the generated eIDs or choose Custom choice and type your own eID. Your eID must be 3-20 characters, start with a letter, be lower case, and must not contain special characters. Click the Continue button.
- On the Choose your password page, create an eID password in the New password and Confirm password boxes. You can also have K-State eProfile generate a password for you. Click the Continue button.
- On the Password Reset Information page, enter a security question and answer. This allows you to reset your password via email should you forget it or miss the required password-change deadline. Click the Continue button.
Optional: Entering your mobile number will allow you reset your password with a text message.
- Review your information. If correct, click the Register my eID button.