Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholars Program
FUEL YOUR SUCCESS.
DISCOVER A SCHOLARSHIP WITH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND MORE.
At Phillips 66, we strive to attract, develop and lead talented individuals in their careers, while furthering our efforts to positively impact the energy market with diversity of thought and global perspective. If you have the potential, we offer a unique opportunity to explore your strengths through our SHIELD Scholars program. This highly valued scholarship is available to a select group of exceptional students from outstanding academic institutions. Designed to help you make a smooth transition from student to professional, the program offers several distinct advantages:
- $3,500 Annual Scholarship that can continue throughout your education, as well as internship opportunities and recognition. Continual participation and scholarship eligibility will be reviewed annually.
- Involvement in enrichment opportunities, cultural events, community service and engagement programs, organized by your university
- Leadership activities that focus on service learning and personal growth
- Development through mentoring and guidance from an assigned Phillips 66 professional who walked in your path just a few years earlier
Could you be one of our Students Heightening Involvement in Education, Learning and Development? Use this site to learn more and apply. We look forward to hearing from you as a potential SHIELD Scholar.
The Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholars program is designed for high-potential undergraduate students who have an interest in our industry and who meet certain academic and activity requirements.
Minimum qualifications to apply for the SHIELD Scholars program:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Rising sophomores, juniors and seniors are eligible to participate and can apply the second semester of their freshman, sophomore or junior year. Preference will be given to academically strong students who apply their freshmen (spring semester) or sophomore year. Newly transferred students to K-State are eligible.
- Enrollment as a full-time student: a minimum of 12 hours/semester for undergraduate students
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative college retention GPA (unweighted)
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and involvement in student and professional organizations
- Strong interest in a potential career in the energy industry
- Pursuing a degree in an applicable academic program at K-State:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Information Systems
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Application must be submitted by Friday, May 22, 2020, 11:59 pm CST. Following the review of applications, finalists will be invited to an interview.
In order to continue in the SHIELD Scholars program, a student must maintain the above requirements and actively participate in activities and events developed for SHIELD Scholars, including a two-day onsite company forum. Continual participation and scholarship eligibility will be reviewed annually. If you have any questions, please contact Madaí Rivera, SHIELD Scholars Program University Coordinator, email@example.com, 785-532-6237.