The Center for Student Involvement is the designated point of contact for registered student organizations. The center facilitates the registration process, provides information and offers general programming on relevant topics to running a student organization.
Center for Student Involvement Documents
K-State 360 is a program designed to provide students with a well-rounded experience of co-curricular programs with the ultimate goal of helping students stand out to future employers or graduate and professional schools. Out-of-classroom activities are often as important as in-class experiences. K-State 360 helps navigate involvement while tracking progress, transforming students into well-rounded individuals. Activities are placed into a series of categories, guiding students toward an inclusive K-State experience and a developed skillset that will give students an edge. Once students complete all the category requirements, students will gain the K-State 360 designation to share with potential employers and graduate schools. Students learn to communicate involvement and raise their potential through K-State 360.
K-State 360 will…
- Increase student success through exposure to a wide range of experiences.
- Encourage meaningful engagement through practical applications of skills.
- Prepare students for their post-undergraduate objectives.
- Provide connections within the community and decrease feelings of marginality.
- Further the overall mission of Kansas State University.
K-State 360 was first discussed at K-State in the Summer of 2014. Since then, a committee of staff from across the Division of Student Life have been working to identify the specifics of the program and the committee has spent time researching peer institutions across the nation, reading relevant research and visiting with administrators who have implemented similar programs. The program launched in the Fall of 2017.
Cats' Cupboard is a collaborative effort among students, faculty, staff, and community focused on promoting food security for individuals at K-State. This initiative aims to provide direct food access through an on-campus food pantry, in addition to education and engagement opportunities. The food pantry will be accessible to all K-State students, faculty, and staff.
Cats' Cupboard is located in 009 Fairchild. Come and go as needed, no questions asked. Additionally, the director, Erin Bishop, is available for contact at email@example.com.
Providing access to nutritious food and support through initiatives that promote health, success, and well-being.
- WE believe access to nutritious food is a basic human right.
- WE respect the dignity of every human being.
- WE collaborate with students, faculty/staff, and community members to effect change.
- WE practice good stewardship of knowledge and resources.