Travel/Conferece Award Applications
This information is specific to applying for the OURCI Travel/Conference Award. Please read all the following information before starting your application.
Travel/Conference Grant Information
- It is required that a K-State faculty research mentor is overseeing the project.
- Conference funds can be used to pay for travel or registration fees for a conference in which an undergraduate student will be presenting their research.
- Award amounts
- Travel/In-person conference, up to $500 per award
- Virtual, max $250 per award
Materials to prepare for the application:
Please note that the OURCI only accepts online applications; materials emailed without consent of the office will be disregarded.
- Complete the student portion of the application HERE
- The following information will be needed for your application to be complete:
- General information about yourself
- Information (name and email) about your research mentor
- Copy of the abstract to the conference
- In order for your application to be complete your faculty mentor will need to submit a letter of recommendation to the office. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the letter is received by our office.
You can find a SAMPLE of the full application HERE. DO NOT submit a hard copy of this file. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
If awarded, funds will be sent to the student via Student Financial Assistance prior to the end of the semester.
Applications for travel/conference awards will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Application must be submitted three weeks before the start of the proposed travel/conference.
If you experience any problems or have a question about the application, you may contact the staff at the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.