Travel Grant Applications
This information is specific to applying for the OURCI Travel Grant. Please read all the following information before starting your application.
What is expected for the Travel Grant?
- It is required that a K-State faculty research mentor is overseeing the project.
- Awardees will have an opportunity to network with other researchers.
- Awardees will have opportunity to make contributions to their field.
- Awardees will have opportunities to present, perform, or exhibit their work publicly.
- Awardees will submit a final budget and all receipts.
- Grant awardees are required to publicly disseminate their project in an appropriate scholarly venue. Awardees are expected to strive to fulfill these obligations in good faith and to represent K-State in an appropriate manner. Failure to do so may result in sanctions (e.g., refunding the grant).
Materials to prepare for the application:
Please note that the OURCI only accepts online applications; materials emailed without consent of the office will be disregarded.
- A letter of reference from your proposed research mentor as a PDF document. Mentors must be a faculty member of assistant, associate, or full professor. The proposed mentor will be sent an email notification requesting the letter of reference by Qualtrics, our application manager. Please note, your mentor will not receive a notification for the letter of recommendation until the application has been submitted. Please don't wait until the deadline to inform your mentor of your need for recommendation.
A project description (250-300 words). We recommend the student write the description before starting the application, then copy and paste into the application. Project descriptions must be written by the student and should be understood by a professor outside of the applying student's field.
- A current transcript (electronic copy). Academic Histories provided by KSIS will not satisfy this requirement. Click here for information about ordering transcripts electronically. This can take up to three business days. Have the transcript delivered to your email address only. You will upload the PDF file within the application.
- A statement of need for travel funds of no more than 500 words.
A budget of expenses. Click here to preview the format.
If you experience any problems or have a question about the application, you may contact the staff at the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.