Research Award Applications
This information is specific to applying for the OURCI Research Award. Please read all the following information before starting your application.
Research Award Deadlines
- Research award applications are open once per semester.
- Fall deadline - October 22, 2021. Funds can be used for Fall or Spring semester projects.
- Spring deadline - April 8, 2022. Funds can be used for Spring or summer projects.
- Funding up to $500 per award
Research Award Information
- Faculty oversight is required. It is expected that faculty will guide the project.
- Funds can be used on supplies needed to help complete research or creative inquiry project or on time spent completing your project.
Materials to prepare for the application:
Please note that the OURCI only accepts online applications; hard copies and materials emailed without consent of the office will be disregarded.
The following information will be needed for your application to be complete:
- General information about yourself
- Information (name and email) about your proposed research mentor
- The completion of several short essay questions
- In order for your application to be complete your proposed faculty mentor will need to submit a letter of recommendation to the office. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the letter is received by our office.
If awarded, funds can be disbursed prior to the end of Fall or Spring semester. Awards amounts are a maximum of $500.
Deadline for Research awards is April 8, 2022
If you experience any problems or have a question about the application, you may contact the staff at the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry. Please e-mail email@example.com.