Research Grant Applications
This information is specific to applying for the OURCI Research Grant. Please read all the following information before starting your application.
Research Grant deadlines
- Research grant applications are open once per semester.
- Fall deadline - October 22, 2021. Funds can be used for Fall or Spring semester projects.
- Spring deadline - April 8, 2022. Funds can be used for Spring or summer projects.
- Award amounts are a maximum of $500.
Research Grant Information
- Faculty oversight is required. It is expected that faculty will guide the project.
- Funds can be used on supplies needed to help complete research or creative inquiry project or on time spent completing your project.
Materials to prepare for the application:
Please note that the OURCI only accepts online applications; hard copies and materials emailed without consent of the office will be disregarded.
- Complete the student portion of the application HERE
The following information will be needed for your application to be complete:
- General information about yourself
- Information (name and email) about your proposed research mentor
- The completion of several short essay questions
- In order for your application to be complete your proposed faculty mentor will need to submit a letter of recommendation to the office. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the letter is received by our office.
You can find a sample of the full application HERE. DO NOT submit a hard copy of this file. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
If awarded, funds can be disbursed prior to the end of Fall or Spring semester. Awards amounts are a maximum of $500.
Deadline for Research grants is October 22, 2021 and April 8, 2022
If you experience any problems or have a question about the application, you may contact the staff at the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.