Being an Ambassador
Responsibilities of OURCI Ambassadors:
- Represent the OURCI in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Promote the benefits and activities of the OURCI (and undergraduate research) to high schools, college classes, at campus recruitment events, and on panels for students, faculty, alumni, and potential donors.
- Assist with OURCI events, including the Research Symposia and Undergraduate Research Week
- Participate in training as needed in order to represent the OURCI accurately and well.
Terms of position:
- Hours: flexible hours each semester (between 10-15 hours/semester). Daytime availability is necessary on occasional basis.
- Attend monthly group meeting (Sept-Dec and Feb-Apr)
- Once year commitment (Fall and Spring semester)
- Build presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Gain valuable experience and recognition for promoting the highly valued practice of undergraduate research.
- Be a leader in a community of researchers.
- Have an opportunity to share your research experience with peers, staff, and faculty of the university, and potential new students.
- Gain networking opportunities with faculty.
- Great resume-building experience.
- Peer ambassadors must be undergraduate or graduate students with research experience and be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Applicants should have completed one full year in research.
- Complete the application - Click here to apply
- Resume must be uploaded to application
- Application deadline for Fall 2022 is September 16, 2022