February 18, 2019
Wayne Goins, K-State music program to host jazz pianist Peter Cassino
Jazz pianist Peter Cassino, chair of the Department of Jazz and Contemporary Music at the Longy School of Music of Bard College in Cambridge, Massachusetts, will be a guest visitor of Wayne Goins, university distinguished professor of music and director of jazz studies, Feb. 18-20.
Cassino's itinerary includes:
- Visiting the Concert Jazz Ensemble rehearsal at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Feb. 18, in 201 McCain Auditorium.
- Giving free lecture/demonstrations in a jazz combo setting at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18, in 101 McCain Auditorium.
- Providing jazz solo demonstrations at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18, in 201 McCain Auditorium.
- Visiting the Lab A Jazz Ensemble rehearsal at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, in 201 McCain Auditorium.
- Providing a workshop in the improvisation/theory class 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, in 105 McCain Auditorium.
All lectures and clinics are free to the public. For more information about Cassino's visit, contact Goins at email@example.com.
The School of Music, Theatre, and Dance is a part of the College of Arts and Sciences. Visit k-state.edu/mtd to learn more about music, theatre and dance at K-State.