February 8, 2019
K-State Basic Needs for All survey now available
K-State staff and faculty,
We want to hear from you. Let your voice be heard by participating in the K-State Basic Needs for All survey for staff, faculty and students on campus. The survey is open through Feb. 22. This survey is important to assess how well K-Staters are able to meet their basic needs, such as food, financial security, childcare, basic kitchen supplies, etc.
According to a study released by the United Way ALICE Project, nearly 51 million households, or 43 percent of U.S. households don't earn enough to afford a monthly budget that includes housing, food, transportation and child care. Within the report, the authors highlight a segment of the population that works hard, but continues to struggle to survive. Coining the acronym, ALICE ― Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed ― the report depicts a segment of the United States workforce that makes less than what is needed to survive in the present economic structure.
Responses like yours will help to inform efforts across campus that can assist our community members, so please make sure to complete the Basic Needs Survey before Feb. 22.
All survey participants are eligible for a free, healthy snack to be redeemed upon completion at the following locations:
- Powercat Financial, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday Feb. 11-22 in 302 K-State Student Union. Take the elevator near the northeast corner of the building.
- K-State Student Union, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Friday Feb. 11-22 on the first floor near the food court.
- K-State Rec Complex, 3-5 p.m. on Feb. 12, 13, 15, 18, 19, or 22.
- Derby Dining Center, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 11 and 18.
- Kramer Dining Center, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 12 and 19.
- Van Zile Dining Center, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 14 and 20.
A drawing for two $100 grocery cards will occur Feb. 25.