August 25, 2017
President Myers names chief diversity and inclusion officer search committee
President Richard Myers has named the following search committee to lead a national search for the chief diversity and inclusion officer at Kansas State University. April Mason, provost and senior vice president, and Jay Stephens, vice president for human capital services, will co-chair the search committee.
"In June, after consultation with our campus community, I announced a plan to strengthen the diversity and inclusion leadership structure at K-State," Myers said. "The chief diversity and inclusion officer will play a critical leadership role working with all of us to promote a university culture where all can thrive and excel. I thank the search committee members for their service and commitment to Kansas State University."
The search committee members are:
• April Mason, provost and senior vice president, co-chair
• Jay Stephens, vice president for human capital services, co-chair
• Mary Abounabhan, senior, management, business administration
• Pat Bosco, vice president for student life and dean of students
• Marcellus Caldas, assistant provost and associate professor, Office of International Programs
• Kimathi Choma, assistant dean for diversity, recruitment, and retention, College of Arts and Sciences
• Art DeGroat, executive director of military and veterans affairs, Division of Student Life
• Trisha Gott, assistant director for service learning, Staley School of Leadership Studies
• Brittany Green, office specialist III, agronomy, College of Agriculture
• Kevin Gwinner, dean, College of Business Administration
• William Hsu, professor of computer science, College of Engineering
• Jason Maseberg-Tomlinson, director, Student Access Center, Division of Student Life
• Isabel Millán, assistant professor of American ethnic studies, College of Arts and Sciences
• Sylvia Robinson, K-State alumna
• Barrett Scroggs, doctoral candidate in life span human development, School of Family Studies and Human Services, College of Human Ecology
• Alysia Starkey, associate dean and professor, K-State Polytechnic
• Be Stoney, associate professor of curriculum and instruction, College of Education
• Jill Trego, associate vice president of talent, culture and human resources, KSU Foundation
• Victor Valdez-Herrera, junior in economics, College of Arts and Sciences
Roberta Maldonado Franzen, director of talent acquisition for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter and Diana McElwain will provide staff support.
The chief diversity and inclusion officer will serve as the senior leader reporting to the president charged with advancing diversity and inclusion efforts across the university and promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. It is anticipated that the search will begin in early September with the appointment on or before January 2018.