June 1, 2016
Landscape architecture and planning students receive awards at commencement
The landscape architecture and regional & community planning department honored nine students with academic awards at commencement May 14.
The following students received landscape architecture awards:
- Amanda Santoro, Wichita, and Erin Wilson, Marion, South Dakota, received the American Society of Landscape Architecture Honor Award. Wilson also received the Master of Landscape Architecture Outstanding Graduate Student Award.
- Lauren Heermann, Grain Valley, Missouri, and Jared Sickmann, Washington, Missouri, received the American Society of Landscape Architecture Merit Award. Sickmann also received the Outstanding Master of Landscape Architecture Research Award and Dr. Robert P. Ealy Award.
- Kim Kneifl, Omaha, Nebraska, received the APDesign Architectural Research Centers Consortium King Medal.
- Taylor Lininger, Raymore, Missouri; Amanda Santoro, Wichita; and Erin Wilson, Marion, South Dakota, members of Sigma Lambda Alpha International Honor Society.
- Beth Krehbiel, Manhattan, K-State 2016 Landscape Architecture Foundation Olmsted Scholar.
- Parker Ruskamp, Wisner, Nebraska, received the L.R. Quinlan Award.
The following students received regional and community planning awards:
- Everett Haynes, Maize, received the APDesign Sigma Tau Delta Medal.
- Colin Victory, Manhattan, Master of Regional and Community Planning Architectural Research Centers Consortium King Medal nominee and Regional and Community Planning Outstanding Master's Report.
- Jessica Weber, Crowley, Texas, AICP Outstanding Student Award.