About the FETE Advisory Board
The Advisory Board organizes the annual K-State Teaching Retreat and may identify and organize other workshops and learning opportunities throughout the year. Members serve two-year terms.
FETE 2019/2020 Advisory Board
- Kathy Lillich – History and Political Science
College of Agriculture:
- Adam Ahlers – Horticulture and Natural Resources
College of Architecture, Planning and Design
- La Barbara James Wigfall – Landscape Architecture, and Community & Regional Planning
College of Arts & Sciences:
- Sally Bailey – School of Music, Theatre, and Dance
- Chris Culbertson - Chemistry, College of Arts & Sciences Associate Dean for Research
- Eleanor Sayre - Physics
- Lisa Tatonetti – English
- Social Sciences – Need representation
College of Business:
College of Education: Need representation
College of Engineering: Need representation
College of Health and Human Sciences:
- Kevin L. Sauer – Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- Linda Yarrow – Department of Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
College of Veterinary Medicine: Need representation
Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs
- Sara K. Kearns (coordinator)
K-State Olathe: Need representation
- Bill Genereux-- Computer Systems Technology/Web Development Technology/Digital Media
Graduate Student Representatives:
Tucker Jones (email@example.com)
Ph.D. Student, Social/Personality Psychology
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Teaching and Learning Center
Anish Sinha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MS Candidate, Data Analytics & Supply Chain
Graduate Research Assistant, Teaching and Learning Center
Advisory board members:
- Meet monthly in the late spring and the fall semester to plan the teaching retreat.
- Identify speakers, themes, and venues for the retreat.
- Work with TLC staff the week and day of the retreat to manage retreat logistics.
- Propose and coordinate smaller workshops and learning events throughout the year, based upon interest and time.
As of the 2019/2020 year, we are welcoming additional members to the board, both to increase our representation from across K-State and to maximize our participation in reinvisioning the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC). Activities in the 2019/2020 year are still in flux, beyond the certainty we will host the teaching retreat. As the TLC identifies goals for the upcoming year(s), the FETE Advisory Board will also review our goals and mission.
Fall 2019 Meetings:
- Friday, September 13, 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 10, 4 p.m.
- Friday, November 15, 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, December 5, 4 p.m.