Make Clear Decisions About Alcohol or Drugs
Your ability to make good decisions quickly plummets when you have alcohol or other drugs in your system. Don’t let them fog your judgment. Here are some tips to help keep you safe:
• If you drink, set a limit beforehand, and then stick to it.
• Volunteer to be a designated sober driver. Most Manhattan bars will provide free soft drinks for you.
• Get a free ride home with SafeRide on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights when classes are in session.
• If you drink, take your own alcoholic beverage to parties and mix your own drinks.
• Never accept a drink you did not watch being poured.
• Don’t accept a drink from a punch bowl or open container.
• Never leave your drink unattended. If you do, get a new one.
• Party in groups with people you know and trust, never leave without accounting for those you came with, and always pre-plan a safe ride home.
• Call the Alcohol and Other Drug Education Service at 532-6927 for free information and treatment resources.