The Presidential Scholarship, the largest and most selective scholarship award made by Kansas State University, recognizes students who have been truly outstanding, both academically and as student leaders, during their high school career. Two Presidential Scholarships are awarded each year.
This award seeks to attract top students who demonstrate the potential to make exceptionally strong contributions to the K-State student body, both in the classroom and in the extracurricular life of the campus.
Finalists will be selected by a committee of campus and community leaders and are required to participate in an on-campus interview. The interview and recognition event will include a luncheon and other special activities. Parents and family members are encouraged to attend.
Total award value
Freshman year award
Recipients have the opportunity to work with our Assistant Dean for Prestigious Scholarships to apply for the Truman Scholarship and additional prestigious scholarships.
- ACT score: 32 or above OR SAT score: 1450 or above and
- High school GPA: 3.85 or above and
- Display extraordinary leadership and
- Be a high school senior and
- Be admitted to K-State and
- Attend K-State in Fall 2021 and
- Participate in an on-campus interview and recognition event planned for Friday, February 12, 2021
Renewable for up to three additional years (four years, eight semesters total) at $20,000 with a K-State GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Submit the K-State admission application (if you have not already done so).
- Complete the Presidential Scholarship application.
- Applications are due by 5 p.m. CST on Friday, December 18, 2020.
- Applicants will be updated on their application status in mid-January 2021 following the initial committee review.