Edgerley-Franklin Leadership Scholarship
The Edgerley and Franklin families support this scholarship to promote future engagement with the challenges facing communities and families. Applicants should have demonstrated experience in addressing these challenges. Up to five students receive this award annually.
The Edgerley-Franklin Leadership Scholars Program seeks to shape the next generation of great American leaders. Leadership Scholars will have the knowledge to make sound judgments, the character to flourish under the pressures of leadership, and the vision to bring new solutions to our nation's most pressing needs. They will influence and inspire future generations to value education, hard work, and achieve academic and career success.
The Leadership Scholars Program is not a typical scholarship competition. In addition to a monetary award, scholars will have access to academic and social experiences to encourage successful careers in any field offered at K-State. Scholars will be inspired to become exemplary citizens for life who will shape all aspects of American society.
Finalists will be selected by a committee of campus and community leaders and are required to participate in an on-campus interview. The interview and recognition event will include a luncheon and other special activities. Parents and family members are encouraged to attend.
Total award value
Freshman year award
- High school GPA: 3.5 or above and
- Have a strong record of community service and
- Be a high school senior
- Attend K-State in Fall 2021 and
- Participate in leadership studies and
- Participate in an on-campus interview and recognition event planned for Monday, February 8, 2021
- Low-income, first-generation students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply
Renewable for up to three additional years (four years, eight semesters total) at $5,000 with a K-State GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Submit the K-State admission application (if you have not already done so).
- Complete the Edgerley-Franklin Leadership Scholarship application.
- Application and letter of recommendation are due by 5 p.m. CST on Friday, December 18, 2020.
- Applicants will be updated on their application status in mid-January 2021 following the initial committee review.