Developing Scholars Program
Office staff are available to answer questions related to the Developing Scholar Program. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 785-532-5385.
2019-2020 DSP Abstract Booklet
Even though the 20th Annual Research Symposium scheduled for April 5, 2020 was cancelled, we wanted to highlight the work students and faculty have been doing this past year. Below are the abstracts from our student researchers. We are very proud of the work they accomplished this year!
Celebrating 20 years of Undergraduate Research - Meet the class of 2019-2020!
2019-2020 Developing Scholars Awards:
The following awards were presented to DSP students at the 19th Annual Developing Scholars Research Symposium:
- Pay it Forward Alumni Awards: Jesus Gonzalez-Morales (Biomedical Engineering), Cesar Aparicio (Chemistry)
- Frank Cortez Memorial Award: Daijah Jones (Sociology)
- Diligence Awards: Sonia Barrett (Chemistry), Joanne Gomendoza (Psychology), Luis Lopez (Animal Science & Industry)
- Promise Awards: Nyah Brandon (Life Sciences), Elena Carlos (Biology)
- Above & Beyond Awards: Carmen Del Real (Life Sciences), Jaden Castinado (Food Science & Industry)
- James R. Coffman Awards of Excellence
- First year: Tommy Herrera (Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology)
- First year honorable mention: Emily Gibson (Biology)
- Second year: Gina Reyes (Nutritional Sciences)
- Second year honorable mention: Lara Soto (Biology)
- Third year: Jerica Garcia (Kinesiology)
- Third year honorable mention: Sydney Lenox (Apparel and Textiles)
- Eyes on the Prize Award: Emanuel Serrano (Kinesiology)
- Eclipse Award: Azriel Minjarez (Biology)
- Exemplary Scholar Award: Citlally Orozco (Political Science)
- Anita Cortez Award: Michelle Coca (Medical Biochemistry)