Edgerley-Franklin Leadership Scholarship
The Edgerley and Franklin families support this scholarship to promote future engagement with the challenges facing urban communities and families. Applicants should have demonstrated experience in addressing these challenges. Up to five students receive this award annually.
The Leadership Scholars Program seeks to shape the next generation of great American urban leaders. Leadership Scholars will have the knowledge to make sound judgments, the character to flourish under the pressures of leadership, and the vision to bring new solutions to our nation's most pressing urban needs. They will influence and inspire future generations to value education, hard work, and achieve academic and career success.
The Leadership Scholars Program is not a typical scholarship competition. In addition to a monetary award, scholars will have access to academic and social experiences to encourage successful careers in any field offered at K-State. Scholars will be inspired to become exemplary citizens for life who will shape all aspects of American urban society.
Finalists will be selected by a committee of campus and community leaders and are required to participate in an on-campus interview. The interview and recognition event will include a luncheon and other special activities. Parents and family members are encouraged to attend.
Freshman year award
Renewable for up to three additional years at $5,000 with a K-State GPA of 3.00 or above.
- High school GPA: 3.5 or above
- Have a strong record of community service
- Be a high school senior
- Preference will be given to students of color and first-generation college students of any racial or ethnic background
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or Kansas high school graduate
- Participate in leadership studies
- For more information about this scholarship, and to apply, please visit Admissions' selective scholarships webpage.