Application Information for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
To apply for the Developing Scholars Undergraduate Research Program, click to purple button below.
Applications are due by February 14, 2020.*
The following items are also required for the application:
- Letter of Reference: Include a letter of recommendation on letterhead from a teacher or counselor, faculty member or academic advisor (include address and phone number).
- Resume: Include information regarding academics, leadership, and community service.
- Completion of the following essay questions (2,500 characters each):
- Tell us how your cultural background and interactions have shaped the person you are today as well as the person you hope to become. Include examples of how you have overcome personal adversity.
- Give your understanding of research or creative inquiry, why you want to participate in it and the area in which you want to study.
- Give your (non-dictionary) definition of leadership and examples that demonstrate how you have exercised leadership in your community and/or service to others.
- What are your career goals and why do you wish to pursue them?
You can see a PDF of the full application HERE. Applications must be submitted electronically.
Applications should be submitted through the on-line survey. Letters of recommendation can be mailed to The Developing Scholars Program, 215 Fairchild Hall, 1601 Vattier St. Manhattan, KS 66506, no later than February 14th deadline.
Press button below to apply
If the above button does not work, you can access the application here: http://bit.ly/DSPFall2020
*February 14th is the priority deadline for applications for the Developing Scholars Program. Applications received after February 14th will be considered dependent on space in the program.