Application Information for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
To apply for the Developing Scholars Undergraduate Research Program, click to purple button below.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020-2021 year.
The following items are also required for the application:
- Letter of Reference: Include a letter of recommendation on school letterhead from a teacher, counselor, faculty member or academic advisor. Their name, position, address and phone number should be listed on the letter. The letter should include information about your academic preparedness, leadership qualities, potential success in a research program and information about your overall character.
Please submit this item by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, orby mail to Developing Scholars Program, 215 Fairchild Hall, 1601 Vattier St., Manhattan, KS 66506 .
- Copy of Resume
- Completion of the following essay questions (2,500 characters each):
- Tell us how your cultural background and interactions have shaped the person you are today as well as the person you hope to become. Include examples of how you have overcome personal adversity.
- Give your understanding of research or creative inquiry, why you want to participate in it and the area in which you want to study.
- Give your (non-dictionary) definition of leadership and examples that demonstrate how you have exercised leadership in your community and/or service to others.
- What are your career goals, why do you wish to pursue them and how will the DSP help you achieve your goals?
Applications should be submitted through the on-line survey. Letters of recommendation can be emailed (email@example.com) or mailed (see above).