Due to K-State's limited operations in response to COVID-19, DSP staff will be available remotely.
Office staff are still available to answer questions related to the Developing Scholar Program. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 785-532-5385.
DSP Research Symposium
The 20th Annual Research Symposium scheduled for April 5, 2020 has been cancelled. This includes the luncheon and awards ceremony. We are discussing alternative ways to celebrate the accomplishments of our DSP students.
DSP One-on-one meetings
Students within the DSP program should regularly check their emails about next steps.
Lead 502- DSP seminar
First year DSP students should refer to the corresponding Canvas course for class updates. Questions can be directed to Dr. King at email@example.com or through Canvas.
Celebrating 20 years of Undergraduate Research!
2018-2019 Developing Scholars Awards:
The following awards were presented to DSP students at the 19th Annual Developing Scholars Research Symposium:
- Pay it Forward Alumni Awards: Jared Medina (Mechanical Engineering), Leonardo Garrido (Electrical Engineering)
- Frank Cortez Memorial Award: Citlally Orozco (Political Science)
- Diligence Award: Gina Reyes (Nutritional Sciences)
- Promise Awards: Diana Najera (Biochemistry), Kierra Holloman (Biochemistry), Dallas Rice (Mechanical Engineering)
- Above & Beyond Award: Bradley Richards (Economics)
- James R. Coffman Awards of Excellence
- First year: Nhicolas Aponte (Mechanical Engineering)
- First year honorable mention: Laura Soto (Biology)
- Second year: Derrius Washington (Business Administration)
- Second year honorable mention: Sonia Barrett (Chemistry)
- Third year: Olivet Martinez (Biology)
- Third year honorable mention: Lindsay Chassay (Psychological Sciences)
- Eyes on the Prize Award: Ayana Belk (Landscape Architecture)
- Eclipse Award: David Coria (Mathematics and Physics)
- Exemplary Scholar Award: Carlos Aguirre (Computer Science)
- Anita Cortez Award: Marta Stetsiv (Biochemistry)
Thank you to everyone who attended our 19th Annual Research Poster Symposium!