K-State SAE Chapter
The Kansas State University Chapter of the Society of Automotive Engineers is dedicated to the education of students interested in the automotive or aerospace industry. The Chapter is predominately comprised of mechanical engineering students but membership is open to students from any major.
SAE allows us the opportunity to apply the knowledge we gain in the classroom in a real world setting. Involvement enhances your engineering credentials and is a great addition to your resume. SAE International sponsors numerous design competitions annually, and the KSU chapter sponsors several activities such as speakers and educational trips to help broaden students' knowledge and interest.
There are 3 SAE design teams currently housed within the Carl R. Ice College of Engineering:
- SAE Aero Design
- Formula SAE
- SAE Mini Baja
- Participation of SAE Chapter members on team projects is encouraged but not mandatory.
- SAE Industrial Lecture Program
- SAE Collegiate Design Series
- A World in Motion
- SAE International Scholarships
- Free subscription to Momentum, SAE's student magazine.
- Free attendance to WCX World Congress Experience in Detriot.
- Members-only exclusive benefits on a wide variety of different services including student loan refinancing, auto insurance, renters insurance, computer supplies and more!
- Discounts on SAE publications as well as registration fee discounts for professional development courses and technical conferences like the SAE World Congress.