Risk & Compliance Council
- Cross-functional group of risk owners who reports to executive sponsors.
- Identifies risks that impact mission-critical activities and develops strategies to mitigate harm and capitalize on opportunities.
The Council will be guided by the following principles.
- Focus on risks that impact K-State’s mission and strategic goals.
- Collaborative and holistic approach to managing risks.
- Integrate risk awareness and risk-based decision making throughout all levels of the university.
- Prioritize the most serious risks in terms of perceived impact on the university’s strategic goals and mission.
- Risk areas have responsible risk owners.
- All risk cannot, and should not, be avoided or eliminated.
- Perceived risks must be balanced against risk control costs, and that some level of risk should be tolerated.
- Provide reliable information to President’s Cabinet to inform decisions that impact the university.
Risk & Compliance Council Members
Council members include representatives from the following departments and units.
- AVP, University Risk & Compliance Officer – Elliot Young (lead)
- Vice Provost, Student Success – Jeannie Brown Leonard
- Assoc Provost, Institutional Effectiveness –
- Provost Executive Assistant - Lynn Carlin
- Assoc AD Athletics Business Operations – Jim Bach
- Diversity & Inclusion – Zelia Wiley
- Director Financial Services - Fran Willbrant
- Human Capital Services – Shanna Legleiter
- AVP, Research Compliance - Cheryl Doerr
- Director, Student Life – Andy Thompson
- AVP student auxiliary services – Derek Jackson
- Chief Information Security Officer – Chad Currier
- AVP, International Programs – Grant Chapman
- Global Campus – Karen Pedersen
- Director, EHS – Christina Aguilera
- Chief of KSUPD – Ronnie Grice
- Office of General Counsel – Erin Good
- Assoc Dean Polytechnic Undergraduate Services – Terri Gaeddert
- Olathe – Lindy Eakin and/or Andy Stout
- Director, Campus planning – Diana Hutchison
- AVP, Facilities – Casey Lauer
- Dept Communications & Marketing – Cindy Hollingsworth
- KSU Foundation – Christy Scott, Katy Walradt and/or Greg Lohrentz
- Alumni Affairs – Brad Sidener
- Extension – Gregg Hadley
- Registrar – Kelley Brundage
- Vice Provost, Enrollment Management – Karen Goos
The Council will meet at least quarterly, and more frequently, if deemed necessary. Non-council members and subject matter experts may be invited to attend meetings as needed.