Academic discovery and creative inquiry are crucial to student success and preparation to enter the workforce — and not only at the graduate level. K-State offers many opportunities for undergraduate students to engage in research.
- The university has instituted the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry, directed by Anita Cortez. The office maintains an Undergraduate Research Clearinghouse and administers a number of programs to help students identify research opportunities.
- Many of the university's colleges and departments offer undergraduate research opportunities.
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs produces a weekly Funding Connection that includes student opportunities.
- Summer research programs are also an excellent way for students to strengthen research foundations and make connections for the future.
- Crossing Borders: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Undergraduate Scholarship offers undergraduates from all disciplines an opportunity to publish their work.