Fall 2020 Seed Grant Recipients
Awardees and their project titles are:
- Manreet Bhullar, horticulture and natural resources; Trevor Hefley, statistics; Terry Griffin, agricultural economics: "Application of Ultraviolet light technology to enhance the safety of agricultural water on Kansas fresh produce farms."
- Michael Chao, animal sciences and industry; Ruth Welti, biology: "Exploring the potential effect of anti-phospholipase A2 antibody to extend beef shelf-life in a beef liposome model system."
- Jonathan Dessi-Olive, architecture; Richard Todd, plant pathology; Vincent Amanor-Boadu, agricultural economics: "Sustainable Development for Rural Kansas through Fungi-based Building Materials."
- Roman Pogranichniy, diagnostic medicine and pathobiology; Chad Paulk, grain science and industry; Cassandra Jones, animal sciences and industry: "Development of an in vitro assay to assess the infectivity of viruses in animal feed."
- Kathryn Reif, diagnostic medicine and pathobiology; Qing Kang, statistics; John Jaeger, K-State Research and Extension Agricultural Research Center/animal science and industry; Emily Reppert, clinical sciences: "Evaluation of anaplasmosis on commercial beef bull breeding soundness."
Awardees will be required to report on progress in six months as well as submit a final report and apply for extramural funding for the next stages of the project at the end of the funding year.
Primary investigators of selected projects will provide progress reports after six months and at the end of the funding period, as well as participate in a poster session in spring of 2021.