PreAward Services provides a full range of assistance to faculty, staff and administrators in obtaining and administering funding from non-university sources to support K-State's creative and scholarly activities.
Contact PreAward personnel for assistance with:
- Ensuring that subsequent applications or proposals for funding are developed in accordance with funding agency criteria.
- Proposal preparation, including budget development, preparation of forms, editing, review — comparison with funding agency guidelines and requirements, compliance with university and Board of Regents policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Final electronic document submission through various official portals.
- Preparation and negotiation of grant and contract documents with funding agencies.
- Gathering information and solving problems with other campus units, such as purchasing, accounting, personnel, etc.
- Obtaining campus approvals.
- Questions regarding all aspects of non-financial research administration.
- Post-award administrative issues such as extensions of the project duration, rebudgeting, change in scope, and other project modifications.
- Preparing and negotiating subcontracts for those projects containing this requirement.
- Finding past history of proposal submissions and awards or finding informational reports.