Undergraduate Program: Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand political structures, institutions and governing processes in the U.S. and other countries.
- Understand and be able to apply normative and behavioral theories and methods to understand and explain political phenomena.
- Understand the patterns of interaction among actors of the world community including causes of war and peace and international conflict and cooperation.
- Comprehend domestic and international policy issues facing the U.S. and the world community and be able to critically analyze policy choices.
- Take advantage of field experiences (e.g. internships, study abroad, community service programs) bridging classroom and applied learning.
- Communicate ideas clearly, cogently, and persuasively through oral presentations and written assignments. (Approved by faculty 10/5/18)