Full-time Faculty/Staff Positions
Tutoring (Study Lab) Coordinator/Instructor
Kansas State University seeks a full time, 12-month Tutoring Coordinator/instructor to work with first year students. Master’s degree required. Reports to the Pilots Program Director.
Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Development, English, Education or related field, plus one year working in an advising or teaching capacity. Experience working with multicultural and first generation students. Excellent computer skills.
Please send a letter of application, resume and names of three professional references via e-mail to: Rebeca Paz, Pilots Program Director, email@example.com
I. Coordinate and oversee the tutoring component of the Pilots program in order to provide excellent tutoring service to 200 students
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate a team of 20 to 25 tutors.
- Prepare and conduct tutor training at the beginning of fall and spring semesters
- Hold monthly tutor meetings
- Develop and maintain an efficient tutoring sign-up system and maintain tutoring schedules
- Research tutoring strategies and different pedagogies, and incorporate best practices and ideas into tutor training
- Promote academic development
- Foster multicultural competencies and a sense of community among program students
- Gather tutoring data
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment in the Pilots Study Lab
II. Develop and maintain course syllabi and student learning outcomes for EDCEP 110 Study Skills and Strategies
- Ensure that course content meets set student learning outcomes
- Grade assignments and provide feedback to students
- Manage course assignments on KSOL
- Record student attendance on KSOL on a weekly basis and share information with advising staff
III. Teach EDCEP 110 and coordinate the Pilots Writing Lab
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of KSU ENGL 100 Expository Writing I curriculum
- Provide instruction for writing labs
- Serve as liaison between the Pilots Program and the KSU Department of English
IV. Work as a team and maintain excellent communication with Pilots Program members and display professionalism
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Collaborate and work effectively with advisors, director, tutors, and instructors
V. Advise students during summer orientation and enrollment
- Assist new first year students with course selection during summer
VI. Assist with other projects as assigned by the director
VII. Participate in professional development opportunities
Screening of applications will begin on May 11, 2015. Salary range: $35,000-$37,000 plus benefits. Background check is required. KSU is an EOE of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Part-time Student Positions
Pilots Program Peer Assistants
Are you seeking paid, teaching experience? Do you love helping others and watching students succeed? The Pilots Program is seeking mature, reliable undergraduate or graduate Peer Assistants (tutors) who have excelled in the following subject areas:
The successful candidate should be an undergraduate student who has earned an A in the subject they wish to tutor, are currently enrolled as a student at K-State, and must have an excellent academic record. Knowledge of teaching best practices and study skills/techniques preferred.
Peer Assistants should be able to attend semesterly educational trainings and monthly staff development meetings once a month. Please fill out the Peer Assistant Application (doc) (PDF) and submit it to Nilima Bhoi at firstname.lastname@example.org