1. K-State home
  2. »Parents and Family
  3. »Resources

Parents and Family Program

Parents and Family Program
Parents and Family Program
Kansas State University
122 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Dr North
Manhattan, KS 66506


The Parents and Family Program exists to support and help families.  The following resources are a great place to begin as students and families navigate the K-State campus.

If you would like guidance in your search for information and assistance, the Program offers a hotline during regular business hours, 785-532-2222 or e-mail us at parentsandfamily@ksu.edu.

In case of out-of-hours emergencies, call K-State Campus Police at 785-532-6412.

2021-2022 Parents and Family Orientation

Refer back to this orientation program throughout the academic year. 

2021-2022 Collegian Parents and Family Visitor Guide 

The K-State Parents and Family Guide is a collaboration between the Parents and Family Program and the students of Collegian Media Group. Our goal is to provide families with the information and messages that they care about most. The content is crafted by students to target K-State parents and their new Wildcat students.

Suggested readings

Enjoy several recommended book titles to learn more about the college transition and how to support your student.

Survival Skills for Parents

Rules created by parents who have experienced assisting their student transition to college.

First Generation Families

Resources available specifically to our students who are first in their families to graduate from a four-year college.

What to expect—a timeline

Chart a student's transition to college with a timeline of transition.

Student Guide to Help and Resources: One Stop Shop

The place to access important programs and services for success at K-State in one convenient location.

Concerned about a student?

Are you concerned about the health, behavior, or welfare of a K-State student? The Office of Student Life can reach out to them to help them get the assistance they need. Just call OSL at 785-532-6432, or use the Student of Concern reporting form.