Connect with campus
Newsletters & Updates
Be an Ambassador
Parents and family members provide valuable service to the K-State community through their participation as volunteers at a variety of functions. Use your talents and interests to support the Parents and Family Program. You can:
- Serve on the PFP Advisory Board.
- Participate in fundraising for the Parents and Family Fund.
- Contribute to the Parents and Family Fund.
- Represent the PFP at information booths at recruitment events.
- Welcome new K-State families at orientation and enrollment.
- Host regional receptions for prospective students.
- Sponsor an internship or job shadow student.
- Participate in a letter writing campaign to new K-State students.
- Assist with Family Day and Open House activities.
Interested in becoming an ambassador for the Parents and Family Program? Sign-up here!
Parents and family members visit the campus for many different events and activities throughout the year. Two signature events that attract a large number of guests are K-State Open House and K-State Family Day. K-State Family Day includes two signature activities as special projects of K-State PFA. The Legacy Pinning Ceremony and Brunch and the K-State Family Tailgate activities are a great way for families to celebrate together during Family Day. See photos from past events.
Send your Student Treats
Send care packages to on-campus residents through The Bakery, located in Derby Dining Center. The Bakery will deliver cookies, personalized cakes, or a variety of other baked goodies to students living in the residence halls or Jardine Apartments. Visit their website for a complete list of goods and to place an order.
Another option for sending care packages is the K-State Association of Residence Halls (ARH) and National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH). Parents and family members may purchase welcome or finals week packages that are distributed to students on campus. A portion of the proceeds are used to support student activities and events in the residence halls and Jardine Apartments. Information on the program is mailed to the permanent address of students near the beginning and end of each semester. Questions? Call 785-532-6453.
Other Ways to Connect
Review the K-State Calendar to find arts and entertainment, athletic, and academic events and activities.
Prepare for Commencement activities.