Make an Appointment
To set up an appointment:
To set up your appointment call the Office of Student Life at (785) 532-6432 or stop by the office in Holton Hall Room 201.
Is there a cost to see the Director of Off-Campus Housing Support?
No, if you are a student you have already paid with your student privilege fees.
How long will it take to get an appointment?
Every effort is made to schedule appointments within 24 hours.
What kind of cases do we see in the office?
Landlord and Tenant
- Questions about landlord and tenant responsibilities
- Tenant rights
- Security Deposit Return
- Review leases
- Assist with finding housing in Manhattan for out-of-state students
Preventative steps to take before renting
- How to find a good rental dwelling
- How to find a good landlord
- How to protect your legal rights before signing a lease
Do you meet the following requirements?
You must be a currently enrolled KSU Student.
What should I do to prepare for my appointment with the Director?
You should bring all pertinent documents (lease, utility bills, etc.) for the Director to review. Also, be prepared to provide as many facts as possible (names, dates, times, etc...)
- Don't wait until the last minute to come in. If you are concerned about an issue, come in as soon as possible. We prefer to avoid problems than to work damage control.
- Be prepared to take notes.
- Don't bring parents, girlfriends, boyfriends, or friends to your appointment.
- Be honest.