Research Associate / Evaluator
The Research Associate/Evaluator will join a service-oriented multi-disciplinary team that provides collaborative project management, evaluation services, strategic planning and project development for local, regional, national and international projects. The Research Associate/Evaluator will report to the Assistant Director for Research and Evaluation and work in collaboration with team members to develop, implement and manage program evaluations. These activities include developing evaluation plans, determining a feasible scope of work and timeline for the evaluation, designing instruments and protocols, coordinating team members, and conducting data collection, analysis and reporting. Some overnight travel, night and weekend work is required to fulfill responsibilities of the position.
Why Join Us?
Do you enjoy working with teams and using feedback, data, and learning to help programs grow and improve? Our team is looking for a mixed methods program evaluator that is energized by identifying important questions and working with clients to find the best ways to answer them to tell the program’s story. We work in a fast-paced office with education-related projects across the country. If you are an organized self-starter that likes to manage multiple projects, we invite your application.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
- Master’s degree
- Two years of relevant experience
- Ph.D. in social sciences, evaluation or related field
- Three to five years of experience working in the field of evaluation or applied research
- Ability to independently meet deadlines, solve problems and prioritize and track deliverables across multiple projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply social science research methods and analysis techniques in real world situations
- Experience working with people and on teams
- High standard of ethics, ensuring discreet handling of original data and participant feedback
- Comfortable working in an open and transparent environment
- Experience in conducting program evaluation
- Communicates clearly, has exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, listens attentively and is receptive to feedback
- Strives to improve performance; desire and effort to enhance skills and develop new skills; models exemplary professional conduct
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to engage stakeholders in an evaluation process based on shared priorities, including techniques such as meeting facilitation, presentations and negotiation
- Experience in managing large complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with clients and other stakeholders
- Broad knowledge of the current research-based principles, theories and practices of evaluation
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
$46,951 – $70,380
Term 12-month appointment contingent upon continued availability of funding and the need for these services.
Apply for the Research Associate / Evaluator position at K-State Careers. Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.