Evaluation Program Assistant
The Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation (OEIE) at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS seeks a Research Assistant to join a service-oriented multi-disciplinary team to provide support to program evaluation and social science research functions such as data collection, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and report writing. Must be comfortable working in an environment with frequent phone and on-line interaction and able to complete tasks accurately and on time without extensive supervision. The successful candidate will have the ability to anticipate needs and solve problems creatively. If you like diving into an Excel file and are able to identify trends and/or inconsistencies in the data, we are looking for you!
This position will work to support program evaluation, project development, and monitoring and reporting activities at OEIE. This position is responsible for working as an integral part of a team to coordinate social science research and evaluation activities within a large evaluation office. This position will be responsible for managing data files, aligning data evidences with client goals and outcomes, coordinating analyses, writing data summaries and editing and compiling reports. Candidates must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team in a fast-paced deadline orientated environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Basic understanding of social science research skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, including the use of formulas and charts.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and work within time lines to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diverse and changing environments.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems quickly.
- Experience with online survey systems.
- Familiarity with grant-funded projects.
- 1 year professional experience.
$34,760 - $46,920
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Great team environment
- K-State unclassified staff benefits (pdf)
Term 12-month appointment contingent upon continued availability of funding and the need for these services.
Apply for the Evaluation Program Assistant position at K-State Careers. Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Learn more about the OEIE office and related projects.
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.