Students interested in pursuing a major in voice at Kansas State University or studying voice as a music minor or non-major must first audition for the Voice Faculty for acceptance. You must apply here to be able to have private voice lessons at Kansas State University. If you are only interested in singing in a choir, please see the bottom of the page for more information.
APPLY BY NOVEMBER 1 to be eligible for our Fall Scholarship Auditions on November 10. These auditions are by invitation only.
APPLY BY FEBRUARY 1 to be eligible for our Spring Scholarship Auditions on February 9. These auditions are by invitation only.
- All applicants must apply online.
- Only completed audition applications will be considered. To apply for BM Music Theatre, please submit a musical theatre recording.
- Once you apply to study voice at K-State, your application is graded by all of our voice area faculty members.
- We decide
- (1) whether to accept you into a private voice studio and
- (2) whether to accept you into your preferred degree program.
- Please note that some students will be invited to perform a live audition for the faculty as we consider potential scholarships.
- Conversely, some students will not be invited to the live scholarship auditions and students who do not pass the screening will not be able to take private lessons for the upcoming academic year.
You will be able to identify your results by finding your random 5 digit application number which you received upon submitting your application.
It may take several weeks or longer until you are given a final result. Some students applying to be Music Majors will be recommended to be Music Minors. Some students will not be able to study private lessons at K-State.
Some students will be invited to perform a live scholarship audition at Kansas State University during the Fall or the Spring. These auditions are by invitation only. If you are invited to the scholarship audition, we will ask your preferrence of given dates to schedule your audition time. There will only be one available audition day in the Fall and one in the Spring.
Music majors and minors are required to perform in one of the Kansas State University Choirs. Auditions for the Kansas State University Choirs will be held the first week of school in the fall. Please visit the choirs website for more information.