Student Recital and Performance Checklist
Students interested in showcasing their talents should follow this checklist in preparation for their event:
- Consult with your major/program Faculty Advisor.
- Consult the MTD Event Calendar and Room Schedule to determine an available date and venue.
- Consider who and what you want your audience to know about your event:
- Events listed on the MTD Event Calendar are most visible to MTD students and faculty.
- Events listed on the University Calendar have a wider audience and are listed on the university calendar along with all of the other events at the university.
- If listing on the University Calendar, a brief (2-3 sentence) description is helpful to inform your audience about the event. This information is helpful in the next step - the Event Request Form.
- Complete an Event Request Form.
- Remember that the Event Request Form should be completed for the performance of the event. Rehearsals and other room use can be reserved through Cindy Friedrich in 109 McCain or via email (email@example.com)
- After completeing the Event Request Form, please allow 48-72 hours for a response. If you don't hear back in that time frame, please email Ben Stark (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cindy Friedrich (email@example.com).
- Once the date and venue is confirmed, rehearse. Then rehearse some more.
- Create a program for your event. MTD chooses to provide digital programs for most events. A program template is linked above. This format provides simplicity and consistency among the various disciplines within MTD.
- Once your program is confirmed, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org in both .pdf and .doc formats at least 48 hours prior to your event.
- Your program will be posted to the Event Program page for audience members to access.
- Each performance venue (All Faiths, Kirmser, Chapman Theatre, and McCain) has a display board near the venue entrance with a printed QR code linked to the Event Program page.
- If additional QR codes are needed, the file in both .pdf and .eps formats are linked above. Feel free to include them into PowerPoints or other audience materials.