J.W. Walker & Sons, Ltd. Continuo Organ
The beautiful continuo organ at Kansas State University was constructed in 1989 by the esteemed British builder J.W. Walker & Sons, Ltd. and was a gift of the late Marion Pelton, longtime Kansas State University music professor from 1928-1972. The organ is made of hand-carved oak and contains 171 wood and metal pipes that are arranged in three ranks (8' Stopped Diapason, 4' Chimney Flute, 2' Principal). The beautiful wooden pipe shade features carved instruments of lute, viol, recorder, and trumpet. This organ’s key and stop action are mechanical, in addition to containing a transposing mechanism that alters the organ's pitch from A-440 to A-415.