String Leadership Institute - June 25-29, 2023
The String Leadership Institute at K-State is a new music camp experience for high school orchestra students.
Rooted in the belief that leadership begins with connection to others, students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of activities aimed at providing musical and leadership experiences that are meaningful and inspiring.
Students will reside on the K-State campus throughout the duration of the camp and will have the opportunity to experience...
* Large Ensemble & Chamber Music Coaching
* Leadership Training & Team Building Activities
* Exciting Performance & Cultural Opportunities
* Music Service Projects & Call Hall Ice Cream!
* Work with leadership specialists including
- Dr. Rachel Dirks, Director
- Nate McClendon, Leadership Coach
Required Forms & Tuition Information
Registration is only $295 per student and includes all expenses related to instruction, activities, housing, and meals. Students who would like to attend as a non-resident may do so for $175, which would include all expenses above, excluding housing.
Registration is closed for SLI 2023. If you have registered for the camp, the following items are now due...
1. A short (2-3 minutes) performance video demonstrating your playing abilities. Your video can include a performance of your most recent solo repertoire, or orchestral repertoire if you don't have a solo prepared at this time. This performance will be used to assess which chamber ensemble you will work with, so make sure to submit a performance that best exemplifies your musical skills and abilities. Please submit your video using the SLI Performance Video Form.
2. A $100 non-refundable registration fee. You can also submit the entire $295 camp tuition, if preferred.
Registration fee and tuition checks should be written to KSU Symphony Orchestra and sent to the following address:
K-State String Leadership Institute (C/O Rachel Dirks) * 109 McCain Auditorium * Manhattan, KS 66506
Inquiries about the camp may be made to the Camp Coordinator, Russell Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to learning and working with you this summer!
For those who are interested, scholarships for the camp are available. Please contact Camp Coordinator, Russell Clark (email@example.com) for more information regarding the scholarship application process.