String Leadership Institute - June 23-27, 2024
The String Leadership Institute at K-State is a unique music camp experience for high school orchestra students.
Rooted in the belief that leadership begins with connection to others, students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of activities aimed at providing musical and leadership experiences that are meaningful and inspiring.
Students will reside on the K-State campus throughout the duration of the camp and will have the opportunity to experience...
* Large Ensemble & Chamber Music Coaching
* Leadership Training & Team Building Activities
* Exciting Performance & Cultural Opportunities
* Music Service Projects & Call Hall Ice Cream!
* Work with leadership specialists including
- Dr. Rachel Dirks, Director
- Nate McClendon, Leadership Coach
Required Forms & Tuition Information
Registration includes all expenses related to instruction, activities, housing, and meals. Students who would like to attend as a non-resident may also do so, and will include all expenses above, excluding housing. More information about pricing will be available after Jan. 1, 2024!
Once you have registered for the camp, the following items are then due...
1. A short (2-3 minutes) performance video demonstrating your playing abilities. Your video can include a performance of your most recent solo repertoire, or orchestral repertoire if you don't have a solo prepared at this time. This performance will be used to assess which chamber ensemble you will work with, so make sure to submit a performance that best exemplifies your musical skills and abilities. Please submit your video using the SLI Performance Video Form.
2. A $100 non-refundable registration fee. You can also submit the entire camp tuition, if preferred.
Registration fee and tuition checks should be written to KSU Symphony Orchestra and sent to the following address:
K-State String Leadership Institute (C/O Rachel Dirks) * 109 McCain Auditorium * Manhattan, KS 66506
Inquiries about the camp may be made to the Camp Coordinator, Russell Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to learning and working with you this summer!
For those who are interested, scholarships for the camp are available. Please contact Camp Coordinator, Russell Clark (email@example.com) for more information regarding the scholarship application process.