The Staley School of Leadership Studies, in partnership with K-State Athletics, is excited to offer the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program for outstanding K-State undergraduate students.
Throughout this year-long program, Fellows will work on personal development, community engagement, and exercising leadership in their personal and professional lives. Throughout the year, Fellows will participate in four different sessions, beginning in April 2017, and concluding in April of the following year, with many opportunities for additional engagement in between sessions.
Our hope is that through the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, students have the opportunity to prepare for the transition from college and for engagement as lifelong leaders. The program is open to K-State students entering their final undergraduate year at K-State (Anticipated graduation date of May, August, or December 2018). The Snyder Fellows program is a noncredit leadership development program, offered at no cost to K-State students.
April 1, 2017
Welcome Snyder Fellows Class of 2017-2018! Final event date for Snyder Fellows Class of 2016.
May 18 and 19, 2017
During this two-day intensive retreat, Fellows have the opportunity to get to know one another, interact with Coach Snyder and former student athletes, Staley School Faculty members, and explore the tenets of Coach Snyder's leadership legacy.
November 10 and 11, 2017
On Friday, students will learn more about leadership development as it relates to Coach Snyder's leadership legacy. On Saturday, they will attend and be recognized at the K-State football game against West Virginia University.
March 31, 2018
At this session, Fellows will conclude their year-long commitment and welcome the next class of Fellows into the program.
In addition to the events listed above, Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows will:
- Take part in exclusive personal and professional development events with successful athletes, scholars, and business leaders throughout the year.
- Participate in leadership dialogues and form an ongoing relationship with Coach Snyder.
- Engage in one-on-one coaching sessions with Staley School faculty members and campus partners.
- Make a difference on campus and in the community through service and mentoring activities.
- Create a network of Snyder Fellows past and present to form a family of lifelong leaders.
Applications for the 2017-2018 Class of Snyder Fellows are closed. The new class of Snyder Fellows will be officially announced the week of March 27, 2017.