Spring Alternative Breaks
Building Your Capacity to Make Change
Spring Alternative Breaks immerse K-State students within a community to learn more about the pressing issues facing their citizens. Teams will perform a variety of tasks throughout their trips, ranging from cleaning, building, and working directly with community members. Following your service, you will reflect on the impact of your experience; drawing helpful insights for how you can exercise leadership on what matters most to you.
Sunday, March 8 - Friday, March 13, 2020
Applications available November 2019. Fill out our interest form for more information.
- North High School, Denver, CO
- AIDS Services of Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Springfield, Missouri
More details coming soon about the service opportunities at each location.
Cost & Scholarships
The participant fee covers transportation via enterprise rentals, a grocery/food stipend, and housing.
- Site Leaders: $125 total ($50 non-refundable + $75)
- Participants: $250 total ($50 non-refundable + $200)
For Site Leaders
- Site Leader applicants must submit an application through the link above.
- Applicants will be notified by email if they have been selected for interviews.
- Site Leaders will be expected to spend an average of 2 hours per week on site leader related activities. This includes training sessions, team meetings, and preparation.
- Candidates must submit an application through the link above.
- Candidates will be notified via e-mail if they have been selected for interviews
- Participants are expected to be engaged team members in the Alternative Breaks process which includes, attending Active Citizen Summit, team meetings, and Active Citizen Summit Part II.