CPR, First Aid, AED, and BLS Courses at Lafene Health Center
Lafene Health Center offers CPR, First Aid, and BLS courses through American Heart Association using the Blended Learning format. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner online, followed by a hands-on session. The hands-on session is completed in person with an AHA instructor at Lafene Health Center. Courses are available to K-State students, faculty/staff, and the public.
PART 1 - Online Training
Complete one of the two online lessons through American Heart Association.
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED trains anyone with little or no medical training to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Online course: Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
Fee: $19.50 - paid online to American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare professionals trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality CPR, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
Online course: Heartcode BLS for healthcare providers
Fee: $31.00 - paid online to American Heart Association
PART 2 - Hands-On Session
See hands-on session dates/times below. Click here to schedule.
- All hands-on sessions will be at Lafene Health Center. Please enter through the SW door or South Pod area on the South side of the building. Non-W-permit holders should park on the street to avoid a parking ticket.
- E-mail your certificate of completion from online training to email@example.com before your scheduled skills testing session OR print it out and bring it with you.
- On the day of your testing session, please be prepared to pay $65.00 at the time of check-in. Cash, check, and credit/debit card are accepted, paid to Lafene Health Center. KSU departments may request to be invoiced if approved prior to skills testing session.
- Cancellation Policy: If you have signed up for a testing session and are no longer able to attend or need to reschedule, please call 785-532-5201 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide at least 24-hour notice will result in a $10.00 no-show fee.
Upcoming Hands-On Sessions
Note: Classes with <4 participants are subject to cancellation.
Heartsaver CPR, First Aid, and AED
Tuesday, May 3, 2022 | 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - FULL
Tuesday, May 10, 2022 | 12:00-2:00 p.m. - FULL
Tuesday, June 7, 2022 | 2:00-4:00 p.m. - FULL
Heartcode BLS for healthcare providers
Tuesday, May 17, 2022 | 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - FULL
SUMMER SCHEDULE COMING SOON!
Your health and safety are our first priority at Lafene Health Center. In accordance with state and local health officials, as well as recommendations from American Heart Association, Lafene Health Center is committed to the following safety precautions for our CPR/BLS courses.
- It is recommended that all participants are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All participants should practice good hygiene, including handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course.
"The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in CPR and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the association." In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please advise Lafene Health Center if you have any disability that requires special materials and/or services so that appropriate personnel can be advised.