Lafene Health Promotion offers certification through the American Heart Association in 2 easy steps!
Courses are available to K-State students, faculty/staff, and the public.
PART 1 - Online Training
Complete one of the two online lessons through American Heart Association.
- CPR: Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
(Fee: $30.00 - paid online to American Heart Association)
- BLS: Heartcode BLS for healthcare providers
(Fee: $28.50 - paid online to American Heart Association)
PART 2 - In-Person Skills Testing
See skills testing dates/times below. Click here to schedule.
- All skills testing sessions will be at Lafene Health Center. Please enter through the far NW doors (past the garage). Non-W-permit holders should park in the North lot, marked "Lafene Clients" (white lines) to avoid a parking ticket.
- E-mail your certificate of completion from online training to email@example.com before your scheduled skills testing session OR print it out and bring it with you.
- On the day of your testing session, please be prepared to pay $45.00 (CPR) or $55.00 (BLS) at the time of check-in. Cash, check, and credit/debit card are accepted, paid to Lafene Health Center. KSU departments may request to be invoiced if approved prior to skills testing session.
- Cancellation Policy: If you have signed up for a testing session and are no longer able to attend or need to reschedule, please call 785-532-6595 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to provide at least 24-hour notice will result in a $10.00 no-show fee.
Upcoming Skills Testing Sessions
Note: Classes with <4 participants are subject to cancellation.
January 9, 2020 (Thurs.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
January 22, 2020 (Wed.), 1:30-3:00 p.m.
February 6, 2020 (Thurs.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
February 17, 2020 (Mon.), 1:30-3:00 p.m.
March 5, 2020 (Thurs.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
March 23, 2020 (Mon.), 1:30-3:00 p.m.
April 2, 2020 (Thurs.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
April 20, 2020 (Mon.), 1:30-3:00 p.m.
May 7, 2020 (Thurs.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
May 18, 2020 (Mon.), 1:30-3:00 p.m.
January 7, 2020 (Tues.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
February 11, 2020 (Tues.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
March 17, 2020 (Tues.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
April 14, 2020 (Tues.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
May 12, 2020 (Tues.), 10:30 a.m.-noon
"The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in CPR and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the association." In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please advise Lafene Health Center if you have any disability that requires special materials and/or services so that appropriate personnel can be advised.