CatPack Software Collection
The CatPack is a free, personalized software collection for K-State. Because some software is restricted due to licensing agreements, the CatPack is for K-State faculty, staff, students, and university departments only.
The CatPack is only for computers running these operating systems:
- Windows Vista, 7, or 8
- Macintosh 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9
- True Crypt — Can create an encrypted, password-protected volume with its own file system, contained within a regular file.
- Pegasus Mail — Can be set up as alternative to Webmail.
- Thunderbird — Can be set up as alternative to Webmail.
|File Transfer Program (secured)|
- WinSCP — A secure FTP program to access remote computers.
- GIMP — Used for image drawing, retouching and editing.
- Inkscape — Used for vector graphics editing
- Java — Cross platform computer language that many modern computer applications and web applets are written in.
- iTunes — Used for playing and organizing digital music.
- Quick Time — Used to listen to many different audio formats and to watch several video formats.
- VLC — Used for various audio and video formats.
- Picasa — Used to organize and edit digital photos.
- Windows Security Updates — The most current, critical updates for Windows 2000, XP and Vista. These can be updated from the Microsoft website. (Click PC's Start button, click All programs and then click Windows Update, or open Internet Explorer, click Tools and then click Windows Update.)
- PuTTY — Software used to sign in to K-State's central Unix system securely.
|X Windows system|
- XMing — An emulator for the X Windows System that makes the PC interface similar to a Sun workstation.